We urgently need extra adult volunteer leaders NOW as we have already lost a couple of our Cub Leaders and at the end of the year we will be losing another. We may be forced to close one of our Cub Packs.
With an ever growing waiting list for boys and girls to join our Scout Group, that’s the last thing we want to do.
Our Scout Group has now grown to over 100 young people meeting on four nights of the week. Our Cub Packs meet on a Monday and Tuesday evening and have over 40 Cubs aged 8 – 10 ½ between them. Consequently, we need MORE adult volunteers to lead and run activities for our Cubs.
With lots of support and training available we’ve written a ‘Job Advert’ to tell you what it’s all about – you might be surprised. Please read on!
What do they do?
As part of the Cubs Leader team – plan and deliver an exciting, interesting balanced programme full of fun, challenge and adventure to the boys and girls in our Cub Packs.
- Our Leader team in the Cub section provide boys and girls aged 8 – 10½ with an opportunity to have fun and learn new skills while taking part in many adventurous activities and weekend camps. Providing everyday adventure is what we do!
- Volunteering looks great on your CV and a recent impact report told us that 80% of external organisations said that Scouting has benefited their organisation.
- Volunteering is both fun and rewarding, allowing you to feel empowered and giving you a sense of pride.
- No Experience is required.
What we will provide
- Fun, Friendship and Adventure
- On-going support and mentoring within your new role
- On-going training including nationally recognised qualifications like First Aid and Safeguarding at no cost to you
- Opportunities to expand your personal skills and qualifications
- Full membership to The Scout Association
- Access to excellent equipment and facilities
- An activities budget
- Local district and county organised events
- Practical and online resources, help and advice for planning future activities, adventures, trips and programme ideas
- Behind the scenes admin support and support from the Scout Group’s leader team, executive committee and charity trustees plus The Scout Association
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to our local community and provide life changing opportunities to the young people in it.
- The opportunity to gain professional qualifications and add memberships of professional organisations such as the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM ) to your CV
- Insurance – as a member of The Scout Association you would be insured while on Scouting events
Plus District, County & National support
- West Wirral District – annual programme of district run events, social events, support and training opportunities etc.
- Merseyside County Scouts – informative website, county events, support and training opportunities – and social events
- And from The Scout Association:
◦ a telephone support and information service
◦ a full colour, 80 page magazine six times a year
◦ six special supplements each year for your specialist area
◦ on-going training and development
◦ a dedicated and daily updated website with thousands of
downloadable resources to help you in your role
◦ discounts on a range of outdoor gear and other offers
◦ social and activity days for adult volunteers
◦ national and international Scouting events
◦ national press, PR, marketing, lobbying and campaigning for all Scouting
- and much, much more.
And did you know…?
You’d be joining over 100,000 other adult volunteering in UK Scouting right now including HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, Bear Grylls, Julia Bradbury – and that includes over 190 adult members in the West Wirral District running 16 Groups with over 900 young people.
- The number of volunteers working for Scouting is bigger than the combined workforces of the BBC (24,000) and McDonalds (67,000) put together.
- Volunteering in Scouting can provide opportunities for travel and adventures throughout the UK and internationally – like the World Scout Jamboree in Japan 2015
Adults volunteers must be aged 18 or older, ideally existing Mum’s and/or Dad’s of 1st Frankby Greasby young people.
A criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required.
To find out more or to discuss any volunteering opportunity further, please contact Colin, Group Scout Leader at …….
1st Frankby Greasby Scout Group, West Wirral, Merseyside
Tel: 07813 590413 (mobile), 0151 677 4566 (home)
Email: [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!